菠菜评级排行, inspired by the challenge of Catholic social teaching, strives to foster an individual and institutional commitment to social justice. 服务 opportunities are coordinated by Mr. 文森特·麦克马洪
, the Director of 服务 Learning Programs, and are offered by many individual faculty members.
- Senior 服务 Requirement is directed by Mr. 约翰Merklinger. Seniors focus on one particular principle of Catholic Social Teaching and perform 35 hours of service in this area. 服务 projects must be accompanied by periodic reports, journals and verbal reflections. Instructions for the senior service project 可以在这里找到.
- On-going opportunities for service include sandwich making and delivery for a local soup kitchen, tutoring of elementary school students and various food/clothing drives.
- 服务 trips are offered regularly and include building homes for Habitat for Humanity in Newark, 布法罗和肯塔基, visiting disabled school children and adults, nursing home trips and Special Olympics.
- Assembly guests are periodically invited to speak to students on social justice issues. A variety of topics include: death penalty abolition, environmental issues, 工人的权利, 童工, and respect for life.
- Social Justice conferences are offered periodically by the Archdiocese of Newark. “A Dream of Peace and Justice” includes workshops on topics such as gang violence, 残疾的人, 艾滋病, 和贫困. The Respect Life Rally fosters respect for life at all stages. Students are given the opportunity to attend the March for Life in Washington.
- Tag Days are organized by the 服务 Learning Program on a monthly basis and are at times held in conjunction with visiting speakers. Proceeds go to a wide variety of non-profit, service organizations.